Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: OT: Looking for a recent upload of Stereo Review equipment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member VolvoHeretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2011
    Location
    The Exact Center of North America
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    OT: Looking for a recent upload of Stereo Review equipment

    I think that a little while back someone uploaded a stereo equipment photo shoot that included a Model 19 speaker as well as a EV Sentry IV out of an old (I think) Stereo Review Magazine. I can't find it, but I would like to save that picture as I have recently aquired a pair of the EV's. I thought that it was interesting that the EV's cost more than the Model 19's by a few dollars at right around $600 a pair I think.

    Thanks,
    James

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT: Looking for a recent upload of Stereo Review equipment


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Looking for a recent upload of Stereo Review equipme

    Apples and oranges. The Sentry IV is NOT a home speaker, so the price comparison is moot. It was a pro speaker. It should be compared to an A7 pricing.

    One of EV's best efforts. Like many Klipsch designs, the weak spot is that 1823M mid. The ST350 tweet is decent. Lows are OK if you get placement right but don't go really deep. You can see it drops like a rock below 50 Hz.

    sent4

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...9GtwQzxmTBAQZA

    The did make a studio monitor to compete with Altec. But the 19 is a home speaker, so even there comparing price is iffy. Home and pro speakers have different dealer markup structures.,. Comparing performance may be valid, but not pricing.

    71

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...Hqe02ll23l5U3w
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member VolvoHeretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2011
    Location
    The Exact Center of North America
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Looking for a recent upload of Stereo Review equipme

    So, that wasn't your upload Old Guy? I had guessed it was. So, A7's cost what compared to M19's. The Sentry IV's sound great stuffed into the corners with lots of 40hz EQ. I had to add a Piezo super tweeter on top since I am worried about blowing out the EV tweeter and have it turn down 3 clicks on it's 4 way settings.

    The grainy B&W picture was actually of audio equipment including reel to reels, amps, and even I think a Seeburg Disco speaker.

    Compaired to the morphed Altecs, each has their strengths and weaknesses, the Altecs shining on top and the EVs doing better on the bottom, but that might be the placement. Together they complete each other and sound really nice.

    72

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT: Looking for a recent upload of Stereo Review equipment


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Looking for a recent upload of Stereo Review equipme

    Quote Originally Posted by VolvoHeretic View Post
    So, that wasn't your upload Old Guy?
    Might be. But likely I wouldn't remember.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member VolvoHeretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2011
    Location
    The Exact Center of North America
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Looking for a recent upload of Stereo Review equipme

    Old Guy, for all I know, I'm on the wrong forum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.